2 Tbs butter
1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
4 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
1lb lean steak. sliced thinly and into bite-size pieces
~3/4 cup Zesty Orange Ginger sauce (more or less, as desired)
1 cup unprepared rice (your choice of type and flavor; I used long grain and wild rice with pine nuts)
2 Tbs chopped scallions (optional)
- Begin preparing your rice according to package directions
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Once melted, add onion and let cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to caramelize
- Add bacon to the pan. Mix with the onion and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally.
- *Optional* - Drain some of the liquified fat prior to the next step
- Add steak to the pan, mix with the other ingredients and cook 3-5 minutes, depending on how "done" you like your meat (it will continue to cook in the next step as well)
- Add the Zesty Orange Ginger sauce, stir into the other ingredients, and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until it becomes syrupy and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon rice onto a dish of your choice and top with the skillet contents (and scallions, if desired). Enjoy!